Monday, August 21, 2017

Kids Snack Bags

Kids Snack Bags! 

Travel food for your little ones


My kids love to have what everyone else is having for a snack. It always looks like more fun than their own snacks. So I have come up with a great idea for our family. Snack Bags!

I take the kids to the store and let them each pick a bulk snack item that they can share with their siblings. (Avoid chocolate or yogurt coating since they like to melt in heat). Then the kids get to place their snack in their siblings snack bags. It is an awesome sharing experience.

Now, I don't make just a few of these bags. I always make enough for an entire trip and then some. Sounds like a lot of work? Have your children help you out like I have mine. We have the snack assembly line down!


Ingredients for this snack bag batch are gold fish, fruit snacks, vanilla wafers, cheese-its, mini marshmallows, and strawberry wafer cookies. These bags are for our move so we made them extra fun! Make your's according to your children's tastes. We make sure everyone gets the same amount in each bag. I also got the kids new good 2 grow juice bottles. I love these bottles because they are dishwasher safe and are just the right size for water bottles.

Once done, I store all the snack bags in a sturdy box with a lid so they don't get crushed. I find a plastic shoe box works really well. Keep it in easy access so you can pass out snacks in the car. Have a great trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Life

 Have you ever heard the phrase 'Living their best life'?  When we hear 'living their best life' we think of people with ama...