Saturday, February 3, 2018

Rice Pudding

Rice Pudding

German Style 

Rice Pudding with raisins and cinnamon


I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Germany and Austria. While there I fell in love with German cuisine. I learned from wonderful German women how to make food that was like a piece of heaven on a plate.
Here is one of the first German recipes I learned to make. It's sweet, creaminess is certain to bring a smile to the faces of your family.

Rice Pudding:
2 Cups Milk
1 tsp. Butter
1/2 Cup White Rice
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream, whipped
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

In a medium saucepan bring the milk and butter to a boil. Stir well. Add the rice and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once rice is tender remove pan from heat. Mix in the sugar. Whip the cream and add it to the rice. Stir well. Dish into bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

I enjoy this pudding warm and with some raisins in it. My hubby likes it best after it has been chilled in the fridge. And my kids love it for breakfast! Either way, it is a delightful addition to any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Life

 Have you ever heard the phrase 'Living their best life'?  When we hear 'living their best life' we think of people with ama...