Sunday, July 2, 2017

Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

I love chocolate. I love any kind of chocolate. Chocolate is just good. Add some fresh strawberries to chocolate and you have a little piece of heaven in your hand!

Here is my super easy chocolate dipped strawberry for your eating pleasure.

1 pound fresh strawberries
1 bag white chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. shortening (I use Crisco)

Clean and dry the fresh strawberries. Leave the leaves on the top. In a double boiler, melt white chocolate chips and shortening. Stir continuously until smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove chocolate from heat. Holding strawberries by the leaves, dip into melted chocolate. Place strawberry on wax paper to cool. Stir chocolate occasionally as you dip the strawberries.
If you want to add sprinkles, do it as soon as the strawberry has been dipped.

This is a great one to have the kids help you with. My kids love this treat. At the very end, I give each little helper a spoon full of chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Life

 Have you ever heard the phrase 'Living their best life'?  When we hear 'living their best life' we think of people with ama...