Saturday, July 1, 2017

Gender Reveal


Gender Reveal for Baby Kidd

I am so excited about this post! This is the first time I have done a gender reveal for any of my children. I didn't even know how to make it something more fun than a Facebook post until after I had announced my 4th baby's gender. So when I became pregnant with my 5th baby I was determined to have a little party! 

He or she, what can it be? Pink for girl, blue for boy. Either way, we are overjoyed!

First up was having friends and family guess the gender of the baby. Since so many of my loved ones live far away I had them Facebook me their guess. For each guess, I used a button to decorate Baby Kidd's guess tree. I let my oldest daughter choose what colored buttons we used so we ended up with two types of blue and two types of pink. She loves it!
Simple but Sweet!
Next was decorations. I will be really honest here. I am a super frugal person. I have made being frugal into a lifestyle for our family. I recently hosted a baby shower for a friend and just saved the decorations from her party to use on my own. I added some for the other gender and ta-da! I had a cute, and frugal, party set up for my family.


Surprise!!
Finally, how to tell my kids if they were getting a brother or sister. I have seen so many ways of how to do this. I had to find one way that would be fun for the kids without scaring them. Bursting a balloon was out since they are scared of the noise. Silly string was too messy. I liked the idea of making a cake with the color on the inside in some way, but I have 4 kids running around my house! I knew I would never get enough alone time in the kitchen to make a cake without someone being involved. That's when I found the awesome idea of having gender specific balloons in a box. Once the box was opened, these balloons would float up and let everyone know what you were having. Genius!!! I decorated my box and took it to the store with me so I could fit the balloons in right away. One for each kid since everyone would want their own balloon. I didn't take anyone with me so it was a real surprise!


In the end, we were all surprised! It was so much fun to have this party for my family. I kept the food simple since it was just us. A few fun treats for dessert that the kids were able to help me make was all we needed. I think the very best part was the reaction of my 4-year-old daughter. She is so excited to be a big sister!

It's a Girl!
Just in case you were wondering what the baby is;) Elizabeth Rose (A girl) is due to arrive November 16th of 2017. I can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Life

 Have you ever heard the phrase 'Living their best life'?  When we hear 'living their best life' we think of people with ama...